THE BLUFFTON TODAY
By Staff Reports
Online Article Here
Several area events scheduled for this weekend will give Lowcountry residents an opportunity to celebrate the July 4 holiday.
Here’s a selection of local Fourth of July celebrations:
• The 12th annual Bluffton/Hilton Head Island Ducks Unlimited River Run will be held at 10 a.m. Sunday, with check-in at Pinckney Island landing. Hands are $20 each and T-shirts are $20. Proceeds will benefit wetland conservation.
• The 31st annual Hilton Head Island Firecracker 5K Run will be held at 8 a.m. Monday at Shelter Cove Community Park. The entry fee and registration is $30 for the kids 5K run and $35 for the adult 5K. An additional $10 will be added for those signing up the day of the event. Go to www.bearfootsports.com for more information.
• A Fourth of July parade will be held in Harbour Town at 9:30 a.m. Monday. Community members are encouraged to participate in the parade starting in the parking lot adjacent to the Harbour Town lighthouse and register by 8:30 a.m. For details, call 843-842-1979 or go to www.seapines.com.
• A free picnic will be held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday at Honey Horn. There will be a kids’ zone with wet and dry slides, bounce houses and a dunk tank, as well as live music, food and fellowship. Guests are encouraged to bring chairs, but no pets are allowed. For information or to RSVP, go to www.facebook.com/OneHiltonHead.
• Salute from the Shore 2016 will be held at 1 p.m. Monday. People will gather on the beaches of South Carolina as a flyover of military aircraft and F-16s from the South Carolina Air National Guard’s 169th Fighter Wing at McEntire Joint National Guard Base stretches from Cherry Grove to the May River sandbar. Participants are encouraged to dress in red, white and blue and head to the nearest beach. For exact timing for specific locations, go to www.salutefromtheshore.org.
• The River Street Fourth of July Celebration will begin at 4 p.m. There will be live entertainment, a kids’ zone and fireworks display at 9:30 p.m. For information, call the Savannah Waterfront Association at 912-234-0295 or go to www.riverstreetsavannah.com.
• The Fourth of July celebration and fireworks at the Sands of Port Royal will be held at 5 p.m. There will be hamburgers, hot dogs, face painting, jump castles and the Marine band. Admission is free. For information, go to www.portroyal.org.
• The Parris Island July 4 celebration will begin at 5 p.m. with the band playing at 6:30 p.m. and fireworks at 9:15 p.m.
• The 32nd annual Skull Creek Fourth of July celebration fireworks will begin at 9:30 p.m. from a barge in the Intracoastal Waterway. There will be free parking and a free shuttle from 6-10 p.m. from The Boys & Girls Club on Gum Tree Road to the parking lot of Chart House and back. There will also be live music and festivities at the Skull Creek Boathouse.
• The Independence Day fireworks at Tybee Island will begin at 9:15 p.m. The fireworks will be staged on the pier and can be viewed from any of Tybee’s eastern beaches.
• HarbourFest Fireworks at Shelter Cove Harbour will begin at 9:30 p.m. There will be live music, a clown, face painting, carnival games and vendors. For information, contact Palmetto Dunes at 843-785-6424.